This cheeky variation on the classic Godfather cocktail was created for Mamma Guidara’s, a series of Italian-themed Sunday suppers at The Nomad named after owner Will Guidara’s mother and a nod to Mamma Leone’s, a beloved restaurant that formerly resided in Theater District. This drink keeps “the spirit and soul” of the original, but strays from the original formula (equal parts amaretto and Scotch). Instead, Pietro Collina dials back the amaretto and focuses on the fruit and spice notes present in Irish whiskey, rounding them out with just a half-ounce of smoky Scotch.
- 3/4 ounce amaretto, preferably Disaronno
- 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey, preferably Jameson Black Barrel
- 1/2 ounce Scotch, preferably Laphroaig 10 year
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey, preferably Bushmills
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.