The Manolito team saw an opportunity in the Swampwater to improve on the original by using fresh ingredients and making significant tweaks to the spec. The ratio of Chartreuse to pineapple juice is flipped, basil is added, and the whole thing gets blended and garnished with mint. The rum float is optional, but strongly advised.
Chris Hannah and Konrad Kantor | New Orleans
- 2 1/2 ounces green Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 basil leaves
- 15 ounces ice (by weight)
- 1 ounce dry rum, such as Don Q or Flor de Caña (optional)
- Combine all but the rum in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a Swampwater jar.
- Float rum on top (optional).
- Garnish with mint.