A cornerstone of the Italian cocktail canon, the Americano was derived from the Milano-Torino, a combination of red bitter liqueur and sweet vermouth—MARTINI & ROSSI Bitter Liqueur and Rubino Vermouth di Torino. Topped with seltzer water and garnished with a slice of orange, it’s la dolce vita in a glass.
- 1 ounce MARTINI & ROSSI Riserva Speciale Bitter Liqueur
- 1 ounce MARTINI & ROSSI Riserva Speciale Rubino Vermouth
- 2 ounces soda water
Garnish: lemon or orange slice
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Combine Rubino and Bitter, top up with soda water.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with the lemon or orange slice.