At Nashville’s The Fox Bar, the zero-proof dirty Martini is built on a base of botanical Pentire Adrift mixed with housemade celery brine and rosemary oil. At the bar, it’s garnished with a lemon peel, Castelvetrano olive and a rotation of housemade pickles, which, in the past, have included cornichon, watermelon rind, turmeric gooseberry and baby corn.
- 2 ounces Pentire Adrift
- 2 ounces Lyre’s Apéritif Dry
- 1 ounces celery brine (see Editor’s Note)
- 4 drops rosemary oil (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: lemon peel, Castelvetrano olive, housemade pickles (optional)
- Chill all ingredients ahead of time.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with Kold-Draft ice and gently stir, taking care to not over-dilute.
- Strain into a chilled coupette and sidecar decanter.
- Top the sidecar with one drop of rosemary oil and the glass with three drops.
1 quart rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
15 grams Maldon sea salt
1 star anise pod
2 black peppercorns
3 grams fresh dill
Add all ingredients to a pot. Bring to a simmer, then cover and remove from heat. Chill for 72 hours, then strain, gently pressing celery. Keeps, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks. Rosemary Oil
1 quart high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
3 fresh whole stems of rosemary
Add rosemary and olive oil to a pot. Slowly heat until oil reaches a simmer, then cover and remove from heat. Rest for 3 hours, or until the oil cools to room temperature, then strain out rosemary. Store in a clean, sealed container for up to 1 month.