Employees Only | New York City
- 1 1/4 ounce Louis Royer Force 53 VSOP Cognac
- 1 ounce Chai-infused sweet vermouth (see Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce pomegranate juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: dried rosebuds
- Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with three dried rose buds.
Chai-Infused Sweet Vermouth:
4 green cardamom pods
4 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon peeled, coarsely chopped gingerroot
1 tablespoon loose-leaf chai tea
1 liter bottle Cinzano sweet vermouth
Place the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat and heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tea and 1 cup of vermouth. Bring to a low boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Add the remaining vermouth and strain the mixture through cheesecloth. Bottle and store at room temperature. Makes 1 quart.