Riffing on the Trader Vic’s version of the Matador, this drink takes a couple of unusual turns, adding green Chartreuse for a herbal variation served as a refreshing highball.
- 1 2/3 ounces tequila, preferably Ocho Blanco
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green Chartreuse
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
Garnish: dehydrated pineapple, dehydrated lime, pink peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Mexican cantarito [a clay jug] or highball glass.
- Garnish with a dehydrated pineapple and lime, and a grinding of pink peppercorns.