- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce mezcal
- 1/2 ounce Pamplemousse, preferably Giffard
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1 teaspoon Cholula hot sauce
- 1 lime wedge
- salt, for rimming
- 1 bottle Mexican lager, preferably Modelo Especial
Garnish: lime wedge
- Rim largest glass you can find with salt.
- Squeeze the lime wedge into a shaker tin and put expressed lime at the bottom.
- Add all other ingredients and ice, shake briefly and pour the glass without straining.
- Fill the rest of the glass with cracked ice.
- Take a mexican lager of your choice and insert it upside down into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Steep the peels of two grapefruits in a quart of simple syrup and let sit for 24 hours.