The Martini-esque Means of Preservation is a John Gertsen—formerly of No. 9 Park and Drink, and now of SF’s ABV—original made of gin, St-Germain, dry vermouth and celery bitters.
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 2 dashes celery bitters
Garnish: grapefruit peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a expressed grapefruit peel.