Named for a town near the White Mountains of New Hampshire in northern Maine, the Mexico, ME is essentially a tequila Old-Fashioned, spiked with mezcal and Allen’s Coffee Flavored Brandy for complexity.
- 1 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce Allen's Coffee Flavored Brandy
- 1/2 ounce mezcal (preferably Del Maguey Vida)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 dashes coffee bitters
Garnish: orange peel
- Add coffee bitters and agave syrup to a rocks glass and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and top with a large rock of ice.
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with an orange peel.