One of Miami’s namesake beverages, this delightfully kitschy cocktail couples a frozen Piña Colada with a frozen strawberry Daiquiri. This version from the Broken Shaker on Miami Beach tosses out any processed syrups or mixers and uses real strawberries, fresh coconut cream and a mixture of light and dark rums to create its version of the campy classic.
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce coconut cream, unsweetened
- 1 1/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 4 strawberries, sliced
Garnish: strawberry slice
- In a hurricane glass, muddle strawberries with a few drops of simple syrup. Top with crushed ice.
- Add remaining ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into the hurricane glass.
- Add more crushed ice and garnish with a strawberry slice.