“A great nightcap is the perfect mix of strong and sweet,” claims Meaghan Dorman, whose Midnight Bouquet incorporates St-Germain alongside grapefruit for a bittersweet companion to the salinity and smokiness of mezcal and tequila.
- 1 dash Bitter Truth grapefruit bitters
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 3/4 ounce Amaro Averna
- 1/4 ounce mezcal, preferably San Andrés Alipus
- 1 1/2 ounces añejo tequila
Garnish: grapefruit twist
- Stir all of the ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Strain into a coupe.
- Express the grapefruit twist over the surface and garnish.