The most minimalist entry to the aperitivo canon, the two-ingredient Milano-Torino, or “Mi-To” as it’s affectionately known, is also one of the most flexible templates. Typically comprising equal parts Campari and sweet vermouth, the drink shines when personalized as Dan Sabo demonstrates here with a base of Campari and dry vermouth, which gets the sour treatment courtesy of both grapefruit and lime juice and an egg white for a frothy finish.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably LoFi
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 dashes orange bitters, preferably Regans’
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and dry shake without ice.
- Add ice and shake again until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe.