This elegant, bright punch has just enough structure and body to stand up to a month of aging in glass. The deep sweetness of the homemade Mango “Milk” will carry through and lend a solid base for the botanicals in the gin, which is infused with wormwood and green apple, to shine.
Yield: 1 28-ounce bottle
- 4 ounces fino sherry
- 9 ounces infused gin (see Editor's Note)
- 14 ounces Mango "Milk" (see Editor's Note)
Garnish: mango, sprig of mint
- Combine all ingredients in a bottle.
- Label it and let age for one month in glass.
- To serve, chill and pour the cocktail into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a slice of mango and a sprig of mint.
1 1/2 cups gin
1/4 teaspoons dried wormwood
Peel of one green apple
Tablespoon dried mango, diced
Tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Add all ingredients to a jug and leave to infuse for 5 minutes before passing through a coffee filter paper.
4 1/3 cups mango juice
13 ounces condensed milk
1 tablespoon citric acid
Peel of one lemon
Peel of one grapefruit
1/2 cup water
Add all ingredients to a microwave-safe jug and heat for 6 minutes. Pour through coffee filter paper to produce a mostly clear liquid.