A staple of Brooklyn’s Misi, this recipe turns the aperitivo icon into a fluffy sour thanks to a hit of both orange and lemon juices as well as an egg white for the requisite froth. Central to the drink’s makeup is a house red bitter blend that adds layered complexity beyond what a single expression could provide.
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Beefeater
- 3/4 ounce Misi Bitter (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Carpano
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 small egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker then dry shake without ice to combine.
- Add ice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
1 part Caffo Red Bitter
1 part Martini & Rossi Riserva Speciale Bitter
1 part Select Aperitivo
1/4 part Suze