This “soft and crushable” cocktail from Samuel Miller is a tropical riff on the classic Paper Plane. The drink name pays homage, too; it’s a nod to artist M.I.A., whose single “Paper Planes” inspired Sam Ross to name the original drink.
- 3/4 ounce Maker’s Mark bourbon
- 3/4 ounce aged Jamaican rum
- 3/4 ounce Select Aperitivo
- 3/4 ounce Averna amaro
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce blood orange juice
- barspoon of cane syrup
Garnish: lemon twist, fresh mint bouquet
- Whip shake (shake vigorously with a small amount of pellet ice) all ingredients or briefly blend all ingredients with a Hamilton Beach spindle blender.
- Pour into Zombie (or Collins) glass, and top with crushed ice.
- Garnish with lemon twist and mint bouquet.