The first drink Alec Bales landed on the Ticonderoga Club menu, the More Supreme hews closely to the Daiquiri blueprint, but opts for a base of aged rhum agricole for a rich, almost savory rendition. A quarter-ounce of Campari sunk to the bottom of the cocktail offers an unexpected last sip. “The idea was, if I had to have one cocktail right before eating a meal and I couldn’t decide between a Daiquiri and a Negroni,” says Bales.
Alec Bales, Ticonderoga Club | Atlanta
- 1 1/2 ounces rhum agricole, preferably Rhum Clément Select Barrel
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 1/4 ounce Campari
Garnish: freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except Campari, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Slowly pour Campari against the inside edge of the glass.
- Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.