“This was the last cocktail I put on Seamstress’s menu, and it’s still the number one-selling cocktail today,” says Pamela Wiznitzer of her Manhattan variation, which plays up the spiciness of the rye base with chai-infused vermouth alongside ginger liqueur.
- 1 1/4 ounces rye
- 1 1/4 ounces chai-infused sweet vermouth, preferably Martini & Rossi
- 1/2 ounce ginger liqueur, preferably Barrow's Intense
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Express the orange peel and discard.