At Ci Siamo, the aperitivo-spiked radler beer is part of the growing aperitivo sub-category of “beer spritzes.” “I think that people are desiring more simple drinks and classics that are executed well,” says bar manager Matt Chavez. “They are wanting to drink the way bartenders in the know are drinking,” he adds. Introducing aperitivo liqueurs via the accessible beer bottle is one way to pass on that knowledge.
- 2 ounces Aperitivo Select
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 10 drops saline solution (1 teaspoon of salt per 2 cups of water)
- radler beer, preferably Paulaner Grapefruit, to top
Garnish: grapefruit slice
- Add the first three ingredients to a shaking tin.
- Shake with ice, then strain over fresh ice into a highball glass.
- Top with radler and garnish with a slice of grapefruit.