Named for an intersection on the border of Little Italy and Chinatown in New York City, the Mott and Mulberry is bartender Leo Robitschek’s autumnal Whiskey Sour riff. His mix of spicy rye, bittersweet Amaro Abano and tart apple cider layered over demerara syrup and fresh lemon combine to make a bone-warming comfort cocktail.
- 1 ounce rye (preferably Old Overholt)
- 1 ounce Luxardo Amaro Abano
- 3/4 ounce apple cider or tart apple juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce demerara syrup
Garnish: thin apple slices
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with thinly sliced apple wedges.