Francois Vera’s Moulin Rouge #2 counts on Suze to balance the sweetness of strawberries and vanilla, for a drier rendition of Vera’s original recipe. “It brings balance to a cocktail without hurting the palate of those who don’t enjoy much bitterness,” he explains.
- 1 ounce vodka, preferably Absolut Elyx
- 3/4 ounce Amaro Nonino
- 1/2 ounce Suze
- 1 barspoon Madagascar vanilla
- 3/4 ounce lemon
- 3/4 ounce strawberry juice
- 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- sparkling rosé, preferably d'Alsace rosé brut, to top
- Shake all ingredients, except for brut rosé, with ice.
- Strain into a flute and top with brut rosé.