Though it was created more than five years after the Revolver, Franky Marshall’s Mr. Brown, a combination of bourbon, Coffee Heering, vanilla syrup and bitters follows a parallel trajectory and reads like a Revolver on the rocks.
Franky Markshall, Clover Club | Brooklyn, NY
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur, preferably Coffee Heering
- 1 bar spoon vanilla syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
1 split vanilla bean
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, let cool and remove the vanilla bean.