In Nico de Soto’s interpretation of what the holiday season should taste like, aquavit, ginger and sherry play together in one bracing, funky and herbal riff on Christmas.
- 1 ounce aquavit, preferably Linie
- 1 ounce oloroso sherry
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup (See Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- pale ale, to top
Garnish: dried ginger
- Add all ingredients, except the beer, to a shaking tin and shake with four ice cubes.
- Prepare a Collins glass with ice and pour a splash of beer onto the ice.
- Double strain the drink into the glass. Garnish with dried ginger and serve.
Blend two parts sugar with one part ginger juice.