In Nico de Soto’s interpretation of what the holiday season should taste like, aquavit, ginger and sherry play together in one bracing, funky and herbal riff on Christmas.
Nico de Soto, Mace | New York
- 1 ounce aquavit, preferably Linie
- 1 ounce oloroso sherry
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup (See Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- pale ale, to top
Garnish: dried ginger
- Add all ingredients, except the beer, to a shaking tin and shake with four ice cubes.
- Prepare a Collins glass with ice and pour a splash of beer onto the ice.
- Double strain the drink into the glass. Garnish with dried ginger and serve.
Blend two parts sugar with one part ginger juice.