“My manager at a not-to-be-named restaurant I worked at four years ago asked for something Negroni-like that wouldn’t knock him on his ass, something he could continue to drink all shift long,” says Trick Dog’s Caitlin Laman. Her answer: a low-proof Negroni riff consisting of sherry and bitter-yet-rich Gran Classico, balanced out with dry vermouth that Laman describes as a “refreshing, herbal, bitter, sherry-driven cocktail that you can drink all night long.” Amen.
- 1 ounce amontillado sherry, preferably Hidalgo Napoleon
- 1 ounce Gran Classico
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
Garnish: lemon twist
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.