“I really just love Corpse Revivers,” says Vince Bright of the inspiration behind his Necromancer. Working from that classic blueprint, Bright swaps rhum agricole for gin as the base spirit, then adds grapefruit juice as the sour citrus element and velvet falernum for that tropical spice. “I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the classic one, I just wanted to spice it up a little bit.”
Vince Bright, Lost Lake | Chicago
- 1 1/2 ounce rhum agricole, preferably Neisson Blanc
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1/2 ounce falernum, preferably John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
- 1 dash absinthe, preferably Letherbee
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.