Inspired by Spain’s Vermut & Tonic, this subtly savory riff uses cucumber and tomato to create depth and intrigue. The Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light Cucumber Tonic Water highlights the herbal qualities of the Lustau white vermouth.
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar to hot water)
- 1 1/2 ounces Lustau Vermut Blanco
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light Cucumber Tonic Water, to top
Garnish: cucumber ribbon and cherry tomato
- Wrap a cucumber ribbon around the inside of a highball glass, then fill the glass with ice. Set aside in the freezer.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle cherry tomatoes in simple syrup.
- Add vermouth, lemon juice and ice to the shaker.
- Shake well, and fine-strain into the prepared highball glass.
- Top with cucumber tonic water.
- Garnish with a cherry tomato on a pick.