Aaron Polsky, bar manager at Harvard & Stone, uses Lillet Rouge alongside pineapple-based Tepache liqueur in his play on the New York Sour. Together, the two subtly spiced ingredients stand in for the more traditional addition of red wine to draw out the whiskey’s subtle oak flavors.
New Yorker in LA Sour
Aaron Polsky, Harvard & Stone | Los Angeles
- 2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Wild Turkey 81
- 1/3 ounce Tepache pineapple liqueur, preferably Bittermens
- 1/2 ounce Lillet Rouge
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup, (3:1, honey:hot water)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 10 drops Bittermens Burlesque bitters
- 1 egg white
- Shake with three freezer tray ice cubes vigorously until the shaking sounds light and airy.
- Strain over ice in a large rocks glass.
- Garnish with a clove.