The work of bartender Dan Greenbaum—who is known for his affinity with sherry—the Nice One is basically an equal parts Adonis (amontillado sherry and sweet vermouth), with a half ounce banana liqueur thrown in, garnished with an orange twist. It’s light and nutty, with the banana keeping respectfully to the rear.
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth, preferably Perucchi
- 1 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry, preferably Lustau Amontillado Los Arcos
- Shy 1/2 ounce banana liqueur, preferably Giffard
Garnish: orange twist
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with an orange twist.