“I wanted a cocktail that I could drink on the beach in the tropics,” says Pamela Wiznitzer of her mezcal-based No Say, which sees Aperol, coconut liqueur and lemongrass syrup brightened by fresh lime and pineapple juice.
- 1 3/4 ounces mezcal, preferably Ilegal
- 3/4 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce lemongrass syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1/4 ounce coconut liqueur, preferably Clément
Garnish: makrut lime leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a makrut lime leaf.
2 cups water
3 stalks lemongrass, chopped
2 cups sugar
In a medium saucepan, combine the water and the lemongrass and bring to a light simmer. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add the sugar and allow to dissolve. Strain into a sealable container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.