Translating from Italian as “Not Dead,” this Zombie variation gets a bittersweet kick from Campari in place of the usual grenadine. Absinthe provides a drying hint in lieu of Angostura bitters, which are muted by the Campari.
- 1 1/2 ounces Jamaican rum
- 1 1/2 ounces Puerto Rican rum
- 1 ounce overproof rum, preferably Bacardi 151
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/2 ounce velvet falernum
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Campari
- 1 dash absinthe
- 1/2 ounce prosecco
Garnish: mint sprig
- Combine all ingredients, except the prosecco, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a tiki glass over ice.
- Top with prosecco.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 cinnamon sticks
Simmer sugar and water, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add cinnamon sticks and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat. When cool, strain and bottle.