Much like the Negroni Sbagliato’s origin story, this nonalcoholic Negroni was created when bartender Leanne Favre mistakenly grabbed a bottle of Wilfred’s nonalcoholic aperitif in lieu of a similarly-labeled gin substitute. The resulting drink was our favorite in a blind tasting of 10 nonalcoholic Negronis, favored for its bracing and bitter qualities. “The bitterness helps me come back for another sip rather than want to throw it back,” said Tom Macy, a judge at the tasting.
Leanne Fravre | Brooklyn, New York
- 1 1/4 ounces Wilfred’s nonalcoholic aperitif
- 1 1/4 ounces Martini Floreale
- 3/4 ounce Lyre’s Italian Orange
Garnish: orange twist
- Chill all ingredients before use.
- Combine the ingredients in a glass over a large ice cube, and give a quick stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with an orange twist.