Alex Anderson‘s clarified milk punch draws upon Scandinavian flavors, incorporating herbal-inflected aquavit and an aromatic garnish of dill.
- 8 ounces aquavit, preferably O.P. Anderson
- 4 ounces bianco vermouth, preferably Dolin Blanc
- 2 ounces Gran Classico
- 2 ounces honey syrup (2:1)
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 8 ounces whole milk
Garnish: dill sprig
- Combine the honey syrup, Gran Classico and vermouth in a pitcher. Whisk until the honey is incorporated.
- Pour the milk into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the stove and immediately add the lemon juice and stir. Let sit for five minutes, then add the aquavit.
- Strain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into the pitcher with the vermouth mixture, then strain the entire mixture again.
- Double line a large coffee filter and strain the remaining liquid again.
- Bottle and serve in a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with dill sprig.