This recipe reflects the current Martini palate at Maison Premiere—far drier than in the early days. William Elliott likes old standby Hayman’s London dry here for the gin (just like in the original 3:1 spec circa 2011), but also suggests Thomas Dakin Red Cole Manchester gin for a slightly more adventurous Obituary, with spicy notes of horseradish.
- 2 3/4 ounces gin, preferably Hayman’s London dry or Thomas Dakin Red Cole
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Bordiga Extra Dry
- 6 dashes absinthe, preferably La Muse Verte
Garnish: lemon twist, discarded
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir to chill.
- Strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Express and discard the lemon twist.