The Ocho is Portland bar Holy Ghost’s spring addition to its Ranch Water menu. Swapping the typical tequila for a mezcal infused with hibiscus-raspberry tea, the rest of the cocktail’s build is fairly straightforward, using fresh lime juice and soda water for a refreshing, floral take.
- 2 ounces hibiscus-raspberry mezcal (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- soda water, to top
Garnish: salt rim, lime wheel
- Salt the rim of a Collins glass.
- Add all ingredients with ice.
- Top with soda water, and stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
750 ml bottle of mezcal, preferably Banhez
5 hibiscus-raspberry tea bags
1. In a large container, combine mezcal with tea bags. Let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze and then remove tea bags.
3. Mix to incorporate all flavors, then funnel back into the original bottle.