Noel Martin’s thoroughly French spritz calls on a short-list of the country’s most beloved spirits. St-Germain offers a floral sweetness that rounds out the anise flavors from the pastis, giving the cocktail a balance between citrusy and herbaceous and allowing the subtle complexities and botanicals of the other spirits to come through. The name, Off Piste, was inspired by La Grave, a small ski resort in the French Alps, and refers to how a spritz can be “the perfect platform to deviate from what is conventional, usual or expected.”
Noel Martin, Rosewater Clear Lake | Houston
- 3/4 ounce St-Germain
- 3/4 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce gin, preferably Citadelle Gin
- 1/2 ounce pastis, preferably Henri Broudin Pastis
- 1/2 ounce génépy, preferably Dolin Génépy des Alpes
- Perrier, to top
Garnish: fresh dill, lemon twist and an edible flower
- Combine all ingredients, except Perrier, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain over ice into a large wine glass.
- Top with Perrier.
- Garnish with fresh dill, a lemon twist and an edible flower.