The Marvel Bar in Minneapolis has been serving rafts of Olivetos since it opened in 2011. At its heart, the drink is a Gin Sour, albeit with a couple of left-field touches—Licor 43 and extra virgin olive oil—that were once all the rage in craft cocktail circles. But there is magic in the mixture; the olive oil and egg white yield an unusual texture that elevates this sour above its fellows.
- 2 ounces gin
- 5/6 ounce lemon juice
- 1/3 ounce rich simple syrup, (2:1, sugar:water)
- 1/3 ounce Licor 43
- 1/2 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg white
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients with three ice cubes.
- Shake until the cubes are nearly dissolved.
- Strain into a stemless wine glass.