Pablo Moix of Dama in Los Angeles came in second in our recent blind tasting of Ti’ Punches. His recipe calls for a lime disk covered with a scant barspoon of Petite Canne Sugar Cane Syrup (a brand of cane syrup from Martinique) to be pressed a bit with the spoon before two-and-a-quarter ounces of La Favorite rhum agricole is added.
- 2 1/4 ounces rhum agricole, preferably La Favorite blanc
- 1 scant bar spoon Petite Canne sugar cane syrup
- 1 lime disk (see Editor’s Note)
- Drop the lime disk into an Old-Fashioned glass.
- Add the cane syrup.
- Using a bar spoon, press on the lime disk and mix it well with the syrup.
- Add the rhum and serve.
The lime disk should have a little pith but not enough to get juice out of it. At Dama, the drink is served as is without ice, but does offer the option of adding ice at the guests request.