Reprinted with permission from The PDT Cocktail Book © 2011 by Jim Meehan, Sterling Epicure an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Yield: approximately 2 1/2 cups
- 20 ounces water
- 1/4 cup ginger, minced
- 1/2 ounce brown sugar, light
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- Boil water, then turn off heat.
- Add minced ginger and cover. Allow to infuse for one hour.
- Strain mixture through a chinois. Press down on the ginger with the back of a spoon to force as much liquid through the chinois as possible.
- Once the ginger beer has been strained, add citrus and sugar and stir.
- Bottle and store in the refrigerator.