“Most [commercial] versions of this are syrupy and artificial, like cherry cough syrup” explains Peder Schweigert, general manager of Marvel Bar in Minneapolis, where the house-version simply calls on pomegranate juice, sugar and orange flower water.
- 1 cup white cane sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, not from concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon orange flower water
- In a saucepan, reduce half of the pomegranate juice down to a quarter of its volume.
- Add the remaining pomegranate juice and stir in the sugar until it is completely dissolved.
- Let cool before adding the orange flower water.
- Fine strain into a sealable container and refrigerate until use.