Pedro Ximenéz sherry brings the sweet kick of an Old-Fashioned to this shaken blend of bourbon, lemon juice and Amaro Nonino. Coffee liqueur, which is dashed on top of the finished drink as a garnish, bolsters the raisinated flavors in the sherry.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon, preferably Old Granddad
- 1/2 ounce Pedro Ximenéz sherry, preferably Lustau San Emilio
- 1/2 ounce amaro, preferably Amaro Nonino
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 dashes espresso liqueur, preferably Caffe Borghetti
Garnish: espresso liqueur
- Combine all ingredients in a shaking tin and shake well.
- Strain into a bucket glass with ice.
- Garnish with two dashes of espresso liqueur.