Tom Macy’s single-serve take on classic eggnog blends two essential cool weather liqueurs—crème de cacao and crème de menthe—with both rum and Cognac. In keeping with eggnog’s essential construction, he adds heavy cream and a whole egg for what, he admits, “would be the dumbest drink ever if it weren’t so damn good.”
- 1 ounce aged rum
- 1 ounce Cognac, preferably VS or VSOP
- 1/2 ounce white crème de menthe
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- 1 whole egg
Garnish: grated nutmeg, peppermint bark dust (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and peppermint bark dust.