This Ramos Gin Fizz variation is part of the new fall 2017 drink menu at gin-centric Whitechapel. A couple of dashes of pink peppercorn bitters lend a refreshing, savory touch to this creamy “aperitivo fizz.”
Alex Smith, Whitechapel | San Francisco
- 1 ounce Broker's London dry gin
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1/4 ounce Gran Classico
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup, (1:1, honey:water)
- 3/4 ounce egg white
- 2 dashes pink peppercorn bitters (See Editor's Note)
- 2 ounces Prosecco
Garnish: cracked pink peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients except the Prosecco in a mixing tin without ice, and shake well.
- Add ice to the mixing tin, and shake again to chill.
- Open the tin and pour in the Prosecco.
- Double strain into a Collins glass without ice.
- Twist an orange peel over the drink to express the essential oils, then discard the peel.
- Garnish with cracked pink peppercorns.
To make pink peppercorn bitters, Smith infuses Regans' Orange Bitters with 1 teaspoon of cracked pink peppercorns.