Almost a cross between a Pimm’s Cup and a mint julep, this overproof bourbon and nutty PX sherry combo pairs with mint and peach flavors for the winter 2017 rendition. The end result: “the most quenchable, drinkable Pimm’s we’ve had,” says bar director William Elliott.
Pimm’s Cup #18
William Elliott, Maison Premiere | Brooklyn, NY
- 1 ounce Pimm’s No. 1
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably Old Granddad
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce crème de peche
- 1/4 ounce Pedro Ximenez sherry
- 1/4 ounuce lemon cordial (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/4 ounce crème de menthe
- 6 dashes Angostura bitters
- Soda water, to top
Garnish: mint bouquet, shaved pecan, grated nutmeg, confectioner’s sugar
- Combine all ingredients, except the soda water, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with mint bouquet topped with pecan, nutmeg and confectioner’s sugar. Serve with a straw.
To make lemon cordial, combine the peels of 10 lemons, 32 ounces (4 ½ cups) white sugar and 1 ounce vodka in a Cambro or other large container. Leave overnight, or for 12 hours. Add 32 ounces (4 cups) lemon juice and whisk until sugar is combined. Fine-strain.