Essentially a Gin Sour colored with grenadine and fortified with applejack, the Pink Lady is thought to have originated during Prohibition, when grenadine was most likely included as a masking device for poor gin. Tart, fairly dry and seriously strong, it’s nearly identical to the Clover Club, save for the addition of applejack.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce applejack, bonded
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- 1 egg white
Garnish: brandied cherry
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake without ice.
- Add ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a brandied cherry.