Natasha David has a penchant for things that sparkle, namely spritz drinks. The Pinkies Out is one such bubbling cocktail born of a love for weird wine and infused Dolin Blanc. At Nitecap, David mixes oxidized orange wine with chamomile-infused Dolin Blanc. Balanced with Cocchi Americano, bright verjus blanc (unfermented grape juice) and dry apple cider, this cocktail is surprisingly taught, fizzy formula. Though it may be ladylike, it’s an addictive drink that pops nearly every pinkie finger holding it.
- 2 ounces orange wine
- 1 ounce Dolin Blanc, chamomile-infused (see Editor's Note)
- 1 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1/2 ounce verjus blanc
- sparkling apple cider, dry
Garnish: half an orange wheel
- Add orange wine, Dolin, Cocchi and verjus to a wine glass.
- Add ice and top with sparkling cider.
- Garnish with a half an orange wheel.
To make chamomile-infused Dolin Blanc, add 1 tablespoon chamomile to a 750 ml bottle of Dolin Blanc. Let steep for 24 hours. Strain and refrigerate until ready to use.