A hybrid between a Daiquiri and a spritz, Alex Day’s Pins & Needles combines aromatic rhum agricole with sweet, flowery Lillet Rosé and old-school sweetener pineapple gum. (We recommend using Small Hand Foods‘ version.) Lime and Angostura bitters balance the drink with a tangy, bitter bite before getting topped with the requisite spritz of bubbly soda water.
Pins & Needles
Alex Day, Honey Cut | Los Angeles, CA
- 1 ounce white rhum agricole, preferably La Favorite "Coeur de Canne"
- 1 1/2 ounces Lillet Rosé
- 3/4 ounce pineapple gum syrup
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 ounce soda water
Garnish: lime wheel and pineapple wedge
- Add rhum, Lillet, pineapple gum, lime juice and bitters to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a wine glass over ice.
- Top with soda water and garnish with a lime wheel and a pineapple wedge.