This Ramos-inspired gin fizz gets a double punch of nutty sweetness thanks to pistachio syrup and Faretti Biscotti liqueur, which—like its namesake cookie—has a luscious almond quality.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Beefeater 24
- 3/4 ounce Faretti Biscotti liqueur
- 1 ounce pistachio syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce cream
- 1 ounce egg white
- soda water, to top
Garnish: finely chopped pistachios
- Combine all ingredients except the soda water in a mixing tin without ice.
- Shake for 30 seconds, then add ice to the mixing tin.
- Shake well for five minutes.
- Pour two ounces of soda water into a chilled Collins glass, then strain contents of mixing tin into the glass.
- Top with more soda water, until the head rises about 1/2 to 3/4 inch above the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
2 cups shelled pistachios
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups water (plus additional warm water for soaking pistachios)
1 ounce 100-proof vodka
Soak pistachios in warm water for one hour, then strain and discard water. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and water over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the pistachios and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool overnight. Purée the mixture in a blender and strain through a chinois. Add the vodka and funnel into a bottle.