A straightforward mixture of gin, blanc vermouth, manzanilla sherry and sloe gin that feels like it’s pulled from the pages of Harry Craddock, this cocktail is exemplary of Paige Walwyn’s classics-inspired approach to cocktail creation.
Paige Walwyn | Chicago
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Plymouth
- 3/4 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Comoz Vermouth Blanc
- 3/4 ounce manzanilla sherry, preferably Bodegas Yuste Aurora
- 1/2 ounce sloe gin
- 1/4 ounce sugar cane syrup, preferably Petite Canne Martinique
- 2 dashes saline solution
- absinthe, to rinse
Garnish: lemon twist
- Rinse a Nick & Nora glass with absinthe and set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with an expressed and discarded lemon twist.