- 3 3/4 ounces plum shrub (see Editor's Note)
- 1 1/4 ounce créme de cassis, preferably Pierre Chermette
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne, to top
Garnish: Lemon peel, torched rosemary sprig and dash of orange bitters.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or a punch bowl.
- Serve in a flute or small Collins glass and garnish each serving with a lemon peel, torched rosemary sprig and a dash of orange bitters.
1 cup sliced plums
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
Wash and slice the plums and combine them with both sugars in a non-reactive container, such as a glass jar. Let the mixture sit for three days, stirring once a day. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth, extracting as much juice as possible by pressing on the plums with a wooden spoon. Add one cup of apple cider vinegar, cover and refrigerate.
3/4 ounce plum shrub
1/4 ounce créme de cassis
1 dash orange bitters
Champagne, to top