Ivy Mix’s “don’t call it a sangria” plays on a deep, spicy Spanish garnacha to make a sophisticated wine punch that’s still refreshing when served by the pitcher.
Servings: 6 - 7
- 10 ounces red wine, preferably garnacha
- 3 3/4 ounces pisco
- 2 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 1/2 ounces orange juice
- 3 3/4 ounces black peppercorn syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 2 1/2 ounces Fraise du Bois Strawberry Cordial
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: Strawberries and orange slices
- Stir and strain all ingredients into a pitcher over ice.
- Garnish with strawberries and orange slices.
To make peppercorn syrup, coarsely grind a cup of whole black peppercorns. Bring 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water to boil and add peppercorns. Let cool, then fine strain twice.