This unusual no-cook grenadine gets its reduced flavor and rich texture from pomegranate molasses. With a Vitamix, it comes together in seconds; a standard blender takes a moment longer but works just as well.
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranatemolasses
- 15 drops orange oil
- In a Vitamix or blender, combine sugar, pomegranate juice and pomegranate molasses.
- Blend until the sugar is dissolved, scraping down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Add orange oil.
- The mixture will be light brown and opaque; allow to settle and clarify, then skim off light brown head before using.
- Stored in the refrigerator, this grenadine will keep at least two weeks.